Finally someone took the first step in creating something different , an AI based technology fitness apps .
I have been waiting this for too long , and finally HealthifyMe is coming into Malaysia as their first regional expansion in south east asia .
I am always looking for innovative idea that able to crash the traditional fitness business model .
My very first idea is the ghost gym where the business concept is like airbnb , but this is a sharing space for coaches . The most challenging task for a coach is to get a place to train their clients . So ghost gym will solve this problem.To read the whole business model of ghost gym , read it here =>Ghost Gym Is The Next Generation Gym.
Fitness apps like HealthifyMe took more that “balls” to create it .You need to have faith , work hard and luck as well ,as you need to have people that trust your vision and your goal as well .
Co-founder and chief executive officer, Tushar Vashisht is a true legend . I have been waiting for “THE ONE” person that able to create something that able to breakthrough the tradition boring business idea ,and sir Tushar Vashisht make it !
HealthifyMe first launched in India in 2012, and now has over eight million users worldwide.
And Healthifyme is hitting hard in Malaysia .
This expansion comes on the back of the app’s Series B fundraising, which collectively totals at US$18 million from existing investors and InnoVen Capital, a Temasek backed entity, to fund the regional expansion as well as other new features and initiatives. – nst.com.my
How Does HealthifyMe Actually Works ?
Simple put in this way , your personal trainer and your nutritionist is inside your pocket.You can reach out to them anytime anywhere , and the best part is , the monthly price is cheaper than your gym monthly fees ! Hell yeah !
So let me brief you on how to use HealthifyMe in Malaysia , to help you to loss weight , build muscle with professional coaches and also nutritionist .
All registered user will get a free trial when your chosen coach or nutritionist or both .After that you need to book a time to speak to Healthifyme coaches so that , they can know more about you , and how to help you to achieve your fitness goal . After that , these coaches will then sent you a well design programme according to you fitness goal .
If you like it , you can proceed with their monthly dirt cheap programme .
For full video version on how to register as a healthifyMe user for free and coach selection in Malaysia , watch below video
Will HealthifyMe Take Over Commercial Gym In Malaysia?
This is a great questions to ask .In my opinion , HealthifyMe will definitely make an impact to the commercial gym and also others brick and mortal fitness business in Malaysia.
But how big is the impact ? Well , i would say a good 5- 10% of the total revenue (if there are any). I believe that it is not significant enough to “kill” the commercial gyms .
So , Weng , are you saying that HealthifyMe will not make it in Malaysia ?
HealthifyMe is definitely a great innovative fitness apps ,and it is the very first that came into Malaysia .I believe that alot of people especially the millennium will rush to install the apps , and have a look at it , since everyone is talking about HealthifyMe in Malaysia .
What makes these people want to buy a programme from it ? Because of the price ? Because it is something new ? Because it is trending at the moment ?
Lets Look At The Buying Psychology Aspect of The Millennium .
- Millennium value authenticity as more important than content. 43% of millennials rank authenticity over content when consuming news.
- Millennium want to engage with brands on social networks. 62% of millennials say that if a brand engages with them on social networks, they are more likely to become a loyal customer.
- Millennium expect brands to give back to society. 75% said that it’s either fairly or very important that a company gives back to society instead of just making a profit.
- Low brand loyalty . Millennium love new stuff . When they are new apps or products came out , they are the first that buy . But , if there are another new apps or products came out , the older apps or products might loss them.This is one of the reason why Kfit is cannot make it in Malaysia , as the brand loyalty is weak .
Does HealthifyMe able to provide all above for their Millennium market ?
Lets Look At The 3 Main Training Aspect
- Personal training and coaching such as weight loss , muscle building and others fitness activity is a service industry.Will people accept it online as what HealthifyMe offer ?
- Exercise is something that needed to be push , and motivated consistently by someone or something , such as reward .Will HealthifyMe able to provide such advantage ?
- Doing a perfect movement is all about posture and correct lifting technique . Can HealthifyMe provide such details workout instruction ?(i am very particular with this , as a national sports performance coach , details are everything.)
Do you think HealthifyMe will be a competitive threat to Malaysia”s traditional fitness gym ?Leave your comment below .